Investing Strategy: June 14th Fed's cool view on inflation, gold price continues to fall


Gold, Forex, Copy Trading, Asset Management

Following the decline in CPI, the overnight release of PPI data reignited enthusiasm for easing inflation. However, the Federal Reserve remains indifferent, sticking to a hawkish policy stance, which has pressured gold prices downwards. Specifically, the U.S. PPI for May fell by 0.2% month-on-month, marking the largest drop in seven months. The report also showed that the core PPI for May was below the expected 0.3% increase, indicating an easing of inflationary pressures. Additionally, the number of initial jobless claims rose to the highest level in nine months, further cooling the labor market and signaling slower economic growth in the U.S. Despite this data reinforcing the confidence in rate cuts, the Federal Reserve maintains a hawkish stance, and gold prices are influenced by the Fed's actions, leading to volatile downward movements.

Today's trading focus is on the Bank of Japan's interest rate decision, with the market keenly observing whether the normalization of monetary policy will proceed smoothly. The market anticipates that the current policy rate will remain unchanged, with the short-term rate expected to stay between 0.0% and 0.1%. The money market forecasts indicate a 91% chance of rates remaining unchanged and only a 9% likelihood of a 10 basis point increase. Additionally, market attention will turn to the government bond purchase plan, as media reports suggest that as the Bank of Japan gradually normalizes policy, it may assess the need to reduce the monthly purchase of approximately 6 trillion yen in government bonds.

II. Technical Analysis: Gold

From the one-hour gold chart above, the price continues its decline from the 2449.0 level, reaching a new overnight low of 2295.0, with the trading focus continuing to shift downwards, suggesting a bearish market trend. In terms of the moving average system, the short-term 60-day moving average has crossed below the 100-day moving average, both turning downwards to form a bearish death cross structure, indicating a bearish trend in gold prices. The MACD indicator below has crossed below the zero axis from above, showing continued bearish momentum. The main trading strategy should focus on short positions, with a suggested entry near the first resistance level at 2315.0, targeting the first support level at 2295.0 and, if broken, further testing the previous low of 2287.0.

Intraday Trading Strategy:

Short Position: Attempt short positions near 2312.2014, with a stop loss at 2320 and targets at 2302.0 and around 2293.


Risk Warning and Disclaimer

The market carries risks, and investment should be cautious. This article does not constitute personal investment advice and has not taken into account individual users' specific investment goals, financial situations, or needs. Users should consider whether any opinions, viewpoints, or conclusions in this article are suitable for their particular circumstances. Investing based on this is at one's own responsibility.

The End


Foreign Exchange Trading

Foreign exchange trading is a financial trading activity that seeks profit through the exchange rate differences between different countries' currencies. It is characterized by globalization, high liquidity, and leveraged trading. Participants include central banks, commercial banks, investment institutions, enterprises, and individual investors. However, it also involves potential risks such as market fluctuations and leverage risks.

Risk Warning

TraderKnows is a financial media platform, with information displayed coming from public networks or uploaded by users. TraderKnows does not endorse any trading platform or variety. We bear no responsibility for any trading disputes or losses arising from the use of this information. Please be aware that displayed information may be delayed, and users should independently verify it to ensure its accuracy.


Contact Us

Social Media